CONCEPT RENEWABLE OVERVIEW
Concept Renewable is a marketer and distributor of renewable energy products. Established in 2009, CR has developed the following:
- A product offering selected on the basis of an extensive evaluation of manufacturers all over the world
- A turnkey capability allowing the seamless coordination of product procurement and installation
- Alliances that provide access to market segments that are chronically under-served, yet possess significant potential
- A management and investor team that features successful business leadership experience on a large and small scale, renewable energy knowledge, and relevant experience in distribution, financing, operations, marketing and sales
In its assessment of the renewable energy industry and the opportunities that it provides now and will provide later, CR has based its growth strategy on four observations.
- Many of the industry’s product categories remain in a posture of significant development, most prominently vertical axis and small wind turbines. Recent advances in noise and vibration reduction, performance at lower wind speeds and enhanced overall efficiency indicate a future of shorter paybacks and improved financial feasibility. Accordingly, deferring some larger scale purchasing decisions makes sense.
- Increased standardized testing of products will result in more realistic and verifiable performance thus improving customer confidence.
- Because of the two preceding points, pilot programs are appealing. They minimize initial investment and allow site-specific data to be gathered over a period of time. That process can yield meaningful results and eventually permit the presentation of improved products when the time is appropriate for the customer to consider a larger purchase.
Today, there are issues that the residential and commercial markets face – zoning, local political resistance, competition, premature product development, lack of standardized product certification and testing, etc. Full entry into these market segments posses some risk. However, other very attractive market segments are available on a current basis.
Accordingly, CR has focused on gaining access to these untapped segments. To that end, CR developed proprietary renewable energy and sustainability lesson plans designed for grades K through eight that supplement existing curricula. These lesson plans feature teacher friendly, thematic chapters that provide the level of immersion that encourages both effective learning and critical thinking.
In part, because of this proprietary asset, CR is partner-vendor for Green Education Alliance a 501(c) (3) that focuses on obtaining funding to provide renewable energy products and edible sustainable gardens to schools on a national basis. GEA uses a unique approach for mobilizing funding sources, schools, utility companies, universities and selected vendors to provide energy savings and an effective educational supplement to selected schools. GEA obtains the funding then works with the schools, its partners and its vendors to procure and install the renewable energy products and the lesson plans that compliment them.
GEA currently has projects underway in a number of cities. As a result, they are developing an infrastructure that will allow them to expand their coverage, eventually on a national basis. This combination of renewable energy products and lesson plans designed to supplement and enhance curricula, a living laboratory configuration that facilitates dissemination of information and collaboration among schools is a unique offering. That offering is enhanced by partnerships with Universities prominent in the environmental and sustainability movements, cooperation from local utility companies and support from a variety of funding sources.
CR is also starting an initiative to provide similar pilot programs and youth-ministry focused lesson plans to places of worship. By combining a desire for stewardship of the Earth’s bounty and solid business principles, CR is already working with places of worship of varying sizes in several cities and has begun forming alliances that will foster further growth. CR is also assembling the resources and relationships to make an entry into the residential and commercial markets in 2011.
By addressing well-defined and attractive market segments, CR offers unique opportunities to renewable energy manufacturing companies. In addition to realizing sales in these under-served segments, the opportunity of working with CR also affords renewable energy companies the ability to obtain both anecdotal and research quality data on the performance of their products. For companies with an altruistic component to their business strategy, working with CR offers an opportunity to support education while achieving environmental and energy conservation goals.
CR is achieving its growth through focus, partnerships, and the support of a small group of exceptional manufacturers. Identifying, accessing and working with these types of organizations are CR’s highest priority.